Hello, I’m Nyssa.
I’m a business lawyer, marketing consultant, luxury travel writer, and global explorer with a curiosity that’s never fully sated. I’m always in search of all things fabulous, whether it’s a new restaurant, a historical luxury hotel, or a cultural gem.
Originally from Southern California, I have lived around the world, calling Paris, Los Angeles, Seattle, Orange County, San Diego, Reykjavik, New Delhi, London, and Berlin home, and traveled to more than 50 other countries. From the grand aesthetics of a Michelin-starred restaurant in Paris to the aromatic flavors of street food in Mexico City, my travel style bridges the richness of both worlds into a redefined idea of luxury, effortlessly maneuvering through the satisfaction each brings and appealing to the millennial audience that values experiential luxury travel.
Luxury travel is about the experience, not just the appearance. Luxury travel may be glamorous, but not always meaningful. Local culture may not always be glamorous, but it’s always meaningful.
Every travel experience of mine is fueled by my passion for the finer things in life, my adventurous spirit, my social awareness, and my craving to understand the disparate cultural fibers that make up our world. So while you might find me at the most luxurious suite at Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris or Michelin-starred Alinea in Chicago, you will also find me on a safari through Uganda or teaching English in the slums of New Delhi.
Aside from being a founding contributor of She’s On the Go, I’m the founder of luxury travel and lifestyle blog, The Cultureur and boutique intellectual property and advertising law firm, La Marque Law. Follow along my travels on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Go-to drink: a dirty (gin) martini with a twist (lemon AND olive) or a flute of brut champagne
• Strangest food I’ve tried: cow’s eyeball (I can’t believe it either!)
• Top 3 countries on my dream travel list: Cuba, Namibia, and Peru
• Favorite fictional character: Lorelai Gilmore
• Pet peeves: bad grammar, people who are chronically late, hotels that charge for water and WiFi
• My answer to the tourist v. traveler debate: be an expat!
• Favorite shows of all time: Sex and the City, Will & Grace, I Love Lucy, Gilmore Girls