One thing I’ve learned over the years is that one man’s trash is another man’s treasure. And the same can be true for hotels. One woman’s harsh criticism of a hotel can be overshadowed by another woman’s glowing review. Because everyone has different requirements and needs.
That’s part of the reason we bring you many different perspectives on She’s On The Go. For some of us, a bathtub and free wifi is a must-have while others only care about the thread count of the sheets on the bed. We’ll bring you the good, the bad, and the ugly but ultimately you’ll have decide what works for you.
The other thing that matters to us is how you might perceive a particular hotel as a woman. Regardless of the type of woman you are (solo traveler, family planner, road warrior) or requirement you have, there are a few pieces of information we think every woman should be privvy to.
In our numerous hotel reviews, be sure to look for details on some of the following aspects of our stay (in additional to some of the more traditional ones):
- Location – We want to make sure you know exactly where a hotel is situated in reference major landmarks, tourist attractions, and transportation centers.
- Safety – As a woman, there are special safety precautions we need to take. This will include how safe the surroundings feel as well as how secure the room itself is in the hotel.
- Character – A hotel is not a hotel. Each one has its own vibe and character, or at least the good ones do. This includes decor, service, and style.
- Vanity – It may not matter to you but it matters to plenty of us. Is there a full length mirror? Is there good lighting in the bathroom? Can I find a decent iron in the closet? (Yes, some of us still haven’t discovered wrinkle-free material).
- Toiletries – Do you need to pack your own shampoo and hair dryer or can you expect to indulge in what the hotel has to offer? This is a specialty of mine!
- Comfort – This covers why you’re ultimately there. To get a good night’s sleep. We’ll talk about linens, pillows, towels, and all the little luxuries that provide comfort.
Depending on the hotel, we’ll be sure to cover things that stand out to us – whether it’s a spa, a restaurant, amazing room service, fabulous rates, a gorgeous rooftop bar, a not-to-be-missed pool, and more. And if there’s someone you just wish someone would finally cover in a hotel review, let us know and we’ll be in the lookout in each of our travels.
Fadra Nally is a lifestyle blogger at All Things Fadra who is always going, seeing, and doing – all with a sense of humor. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram, and watch her on YouTube.
Leave a Reply